These heart-made pizzas with Heart Shaped Pepperoni are perfect for Valentine’s Day! And with this recipe, you can make the dough with your bread machine! Easy and fun.
Valentine’s Day is coming soon! Do you celebrate? Decorate? Or did you make good management? If you are looking for Valentine’s Day ideas, I hope today’s blog post will put you in the Valentine’s Day concept frame! I have joined 24 talented Canadian bloggers to bring you a total of 25 Valentine’s Day projects, with everything from recipes, table setting, drinks, wreaths, art, decorating ideas… you name it, it’s here! You will find photos and links to all the amazing projects made for you, below this post. I love bloggers.
With my contribution to this partnership I created these heart-shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day. I love making pizza with a different holiday theme… I made this ghost Halloween pizza, and now these heart pizza for love day. Come and see how I did it!
MAKE YOUR PIZZA FOOD IN BREAD CAKES
Pizza has always been a favorite here, especially home-made pizza! You can’t just beat the taste of home-made crust … this crust recipe is delicious but simple, and very tasty. But one of the best things about it is that you can do it in a bakery. IT’S SO EASY.
To make these pizzas fun and special just for Valentine’s Day, not only did I turn the dough into hearts, but I also cut pepperoni into heart shapes using a small cookie cutter. Aren’t they pretty cool ?! Did pepperoni ever look any better?
After stretching the heart-shaped dough, I spread out the pizza sauce. You can use either homemade or pre-made pizza sauce, I use a pre-made sauce because it’s easy. In the end I hope to make a simple homemade sauce recipe, but for now, the previously made works work well!
After cutting the heart-shaped pepperonis, there were a few pieces left. I didn’t want to waste this pepperoni so I put it under the cheese so you wouldn’t see it, but make these pizza extra pepperoni-y! That’s fine.
Sprinkle with some cheese. Okay, a LOT of cheese. #thecheeseese
And now to decorate! These heart-shaped pepperonis are the ones that are reduced.
Bake and wait as your cheesy pepperoni pizza bakes and fills away in your oven. It is worth the wait.
Now it is ready to eat… yuuuuummmmmmmm..
Even after baking pizza the heart-shaped characters retain their texture well. Such fun and a great way to enjoy a family Valentine’s Day dinner!
Heart shape pizza for Valentine day
These heart-shaped pizzas are perfect for Valentine’s Day. With this recipe, you can make the dough with your bread machine!
PIZZA DOUGH INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 3/4 cup whole flour for purpose
- 1 1/4 tsp yeast for yeast
- 3 cups minced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce (more if needed)
- pepperoni, take hearts (see instructions below)
MAKING PIZZA FISH:
- Put all the ingredients in your bread machine.
- Choose a Dough / Pasta cycle (usually about 1 hour and a 30 minute cycle).
- When the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from a lightly floured area, and cover with a clean tea towel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll out and shape the dough into one large heart, or 3 hearts in the middle, then transfer to a prepared baking sheet. (I prepare a baking sheet with a simple layer of olive oil, or cornstarch.)
- To make pepperoni hearts, use a small cookie cutter to dry the heart and cut out the hearts. Set aside.
- We spread the pizza sauce over the shaped heart dough.
- Add extra pepperoni by cutting out heart shapes (not hearts, but edges so you don’t waste any pepperoni). See image.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Add pepperoni hearts.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown and the cheese explodes.